Buying a new build property or an off plan Property.
New build property in Spain, Alicante, Torrevieja or Murcia, thinking about the purchase of a finished new build, nearly finished property or maybe even a detached villa build to your wishes and requirements?
With buying new build a lot of things can get complicated, it is not totally without risk and you should have all well prepared before signing any contract.
What if the builder does not finish the building? What happens when the builder completes too late? What about warranty on the building after completion? Who do I pay my money to and who guarantees my property is being build after paying? These are just a few questions that will come to mind when buying new build.
You will see that when buying a property in Spain contracting our solicitor is good value for money. Our services for the purchase of a new build property include:
– Revision of the property situation, ownership and mortgages, building licenses, final work licenses, etc.
– Revision of the sales contracts
– Estimation of the property´s purchase cost
– Estimation of the property´s running cost
– Opening your Spanish bank account
– Arranging the bank guarantees for the previous payments before completion.
– Preparing the notary, title deeds, fulfilling required documentation
– Arranging payment for the completion with the builder
– The solicitor assists and translates for you at the notary
– Pay taxes and see that the builder fulfils its tax obligation towards the property
– Register the property in your name in the national Land Registry
– Connecting utilities, adding you to the community of owner
– Arrange a Home and Content insurance for your property
– Setting up direct debit for utilities
– Making up the final financial balance after the sale
We can also arrange for you:
– Your NIE number, compulsory tax ID for foreigners in Spain
– Sign on your behalf with a power of attorney POA
– Arranging the purchase of additional land, parking-space, garages or storage
Questions about your plans to purchase a new build property or want to speak about the services we can offer you? Just click here and fill in the contact sheet. We will e-mail or call you, what suits you best.
We work for clients buying a new build or resale property in Torrevieja, the Alicante area and the Murcia area. Buying outside these areas, please contact us as we might be able to assist you anyway.
Related subjects that may be of your interest:
Premium legal care Service
Premium legal care, your solicitor at hand when you have any questions, tax declarations or need other legal or fiscal advise
Notary in Spain
When buying a property in Spain the deeds have to be signed at the Public Notary, our solicitor will assist you at the notary
Buying a resale property
Interested in buying a resale property in Spain, find out why you might want an independent lawyer to assist you
Land registry office
All properties in Spain are registered in the Land Registry office, our solicitor will arrange this for your property